Why teach coaching skills to leaders?
Coaching can be defined as the skills, processes, and knowledge through which people maximize their impact in their interactions with others, allowing them to upgrade relationships and improve their empowerment of others. Coaching skills increases their ability to motivate others, promote creativity and resourcefulness and lead teams to outstanding performance. An empowered workforce gives organizations a competitive edge and an effective way to operate within an environment of continuous change.
The Coaching Clinic©, a leading-edge model of coaching has been proven effective within organizations seeking to
- develop leaders,
- retain valued employees,
- promote creativity,
- gain competitive edge,
- introduce a coaching culture and
- improve performance and profitability.
Developing coaching competencies
Through the Coaching Clinic, managers and leaders develop their competency in coaching by:
- educating themselves on coaching concepts and tools
- increasing their awareness of coaching and its benefits, and experiencing the concept and process
- identifying their own coaching style and skill level,
- learning to identify others’ preferences for being coached
- practice coaching, using the best coaching tools and their own strengths
- continuously improving, encouraging, accepting and acting upon feedback.
The workshops are facilitated within a group-coaching environment. The process is both interactive and practical with the emphasis on self-discovery and self- learning. The Coaching Clinic workbook provides extensive support and reference material to assist in developing the skills, capabilities, competencies and self-assurance required.
The programme covers
- the 5-step coaching process,
- the 4 primary coaching skills
- the Personal Coaching Style Inventory, a profiling tool to facilitate personal awareness
- practise in recognising other peoples communication styles and how to coach them
- One to one coaching practise in duo’s or triads, with instant feedback, allowing for immediate integration of learning.
Follow-on teleclasses and one-to-one coaching
Follow-on workshops allow for learning to be refreshed, examined and updated against real experience. Participants also share experiences and learn from each other. They reconnect participants to the successes and challenges of applying coaching skills in workplace situations.
One to one coaching programmes support individuals to integrate their learning by practise within their teams.
”Excellent programme for awakening self-awareness and allowing people to discover their strengths and preferences. Very supportive and encouraging environment and I will leave with new skills that will be very valuable”.
Head of Training and Development, leading City law firm.